Surveys are the methods to gather information from individuals and specific group of people. It consists of forms with questions and everyone has to answer according to their own opinions. The results are calculated at the end of these surveys using statistical techniques.
Types of survey forms:
A survey is broadly classified into two categories:
Questionnaires are usually pencil and paper based that the respondent must file. Every Individual gives his own opinions in the survey form.
Interviews are taken by the interviewee and are based on the questions answered by the respondent in turn.
Surveys can be long, so a poll is surveyed with only one questionnaire.
Survey forms are made on Form apps. You can put as many questions as you want.
They are a superset of polls and surveys. A poll is a form of just one question. Add a few more questions and you get a survey. Add a payment method where you can sell your products and you get a form.
The form apps are a bit tricky. They all include the same type of features and fields: Multiple choice questions, drop-down fields and more: But pre-made questions are not included in these forms to help you analyze your data. Such apps help you to gather your data. You will find tools to capture images, payment fields etc. on these forms.
How to make a survey form on excel:
Here are the steps to form survey form on Microsoft excel:
- Click the new button and choose the Excel Survey option.
- Enter a survey title.
- In the edit window, enter the survey title and description.
- Click on the Enter your question button.
- Enter the survey questions and an optional subtitle.
- Choose a response type: Text, Paragraph text, Number, Date, Time and yes/no.
- Check the required box if the survey is not optional.
- Enter a default answer that will be prefilled for the survey taker.
- Click on the done button.
- To add more questions, click on add new questions.
- Click save and view.
- Review the form and click share survey.
Advantages of survey forms:
- Cost effective
- Less time consuming
- Statistically applicable
Following are given some survey form templates that are already designed and prepared by professionals. You may like to use these forms in “as it is” base or if you want you can make suitable changes using MS Word software.